Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Gear up to Party!

I made this card for my cousin who is turning 3 years old. I LOVE the Robot stamp set the CTMH came out with in the current catalogue! The gear based patterned paper was stamped and sponged to get the affect I wanted. I paper pieced the robot together and impressed a pattern into the foam '3'. To finish off the look I added a few buttons for interest.

Here is a up close look at the 3. To create an impression in the foam, you need a heat gun, a paper piercer, and a stamp image. First you take your foam shape and hold it in place with the paper piercer while you go over the foam shape with your heat gun. When your foam piece turns a bit duller in sheen immediately press the stamp directly onto the foam and hold for a few seconds until the image is held in the foam.

Here is the inside of the card.

Featured Colours:

Holiday Red

Sunflower

Sunny Yellow

Clover Meadow

Twilight

White Daisy

Stamp Sets used: Robot Power, Gear Up, Spot on backgrounds (used on the 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment