Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thanks a Latte

Coffee is the super hero of drinks. It perks us up when we feel drowsy, warms us up when we are cold, brings together old friends, creates new relationships, allows us to take a break and relax, and that is just to name a few. Who doesn't like a good cup of steaming coffee resting in their hands? I know I enjoy mine every morning! I am definitely not a morning person, I am sluggish and grouchy and my one cup in the morning starts to clear the haze. I usually sip it while perusing the Internet, on Sundays however there isn't enough time to do this. I am usually running around getting me and the kids ready for church. I usually get my coffee at church. I find I especially need the coffee when I am in the nursery looking after the babies. I am my church's nursery coordinator, so every year I make the workers a thanks you card for helping out. This year I thought about my morning coffee or lack there of on Sundays and decided that I would make the workers a coffee inspired card, so that they could have their dose of perking up that morning.
I used the paper pack Animal Cookies, since its bright colours are usually associated with young children and are delightful to look at. I wanted the cards to be adult geared, yet still have a hint of childhood in them. I also wanted them to be a unisex card, since we have two boys in our group of volunteers. I think I was able to accomplish this in a simple cute card that everyone can enjoy.




Inside of card

Featured colours:

Sunflower

Tulip

Dutch Blue

Clover meadow

White Daisy

Stamps sets used: Coffee Shop, Storytime Lower case alphabet, and Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment