Sunday, July 5, 2009

Baby Dedication


My Nephew Orion got dedicated last Sunday. It is a tradition similar to the Catholics baby baptism. In a dedication though, you as parents and a church body promise to raise the child in a loving christian environment. We do not baptize the baby since we believe that it is the child's choice to make when he is older, and at that point to be baptized. This is the card I made for my sister Amy her husband Scott and Orion.

The colours used are:
Chocolate
Crystal blue
Heavenly blue
Colonial white

I stamped the dimensional elements 'D' using the 'argyle backgrounds' stamp and coloured it blue by sponging it. I also added a lot of interest by adding a bit of stitching to the card using my sewing machine. To finish off the look I added a few buttons with hemp added through the holes. All product used are CTMH.

Sorry it is so dark, I forgot to take a picture of it until I was already at my sisters house.

No comments:

Post a Comment