Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Outta this world!

My oldest son, Jordan, turned 5 on January 2nd, so of course I had to make him a great card to go with his present. Jordan is really into Space and the planets right now, so for his gift I got him a solar system mobile (he loves it!). I used the new paper 'You Rock' in the current catalog. The card ended up being similar to the one I made for another boy, but I like the result. I embossed the green planet on a transparency, and added some more little stars to the one B&T paper. Although it is hard to see I used some foam strips to pop up the scalloped circle that the alien is on as well as put some liquid glass on his eyes.

Materials used: (all CTMH unless otherwise stated)

Your rock level 2 paperpack- colours: Goldrush, Olive, Outdoor denim, Smokey plum, Indian corn blue
Nestabilities scalloped circle and circle cutters
Black, smokey plum, and clear ink pads
Olive and goldrush markers
Olive embossing powered
navy blue thread and ribbon (not CTMH)
outdoor denim brads
diamond stickles
liquid glass
3D foam strips
transparency
heat gun, sponge, sewing machine, scissors, paper trimmer

Stamps: Merry Monsters, Believe in your Dreams

Birthday Pictures:Jordan opening his gift with his brother watching

Jordan and Myself

Cupcakes

Jordan in his room playing with his newly set up mobile

1 comment:

  1. your card makes me want that paper pack... great job. =)

    ReplyDelete